This task allows the partners to find out about possible places to go by creating a commented sound postcard. This task is part of the ” sound postcard” scenario.
Institution reporting the task:
Language of task instructions:
References and acknowledgements:
|places to go out|
Language(s) that the task can be used in:
Dominant language production:
|Online communication skills|
Specific pedagogical objectives:
Creation of a friendly, non-threatening atmosphere in the groups
Suggested Communication Tools:
|Voice recording tools|
A list of tutorials for Audacity about exporting audio files in an MP3 format:
Tutorial for the use of Glogster in French and English:
Phase 1 (Preparation):
– Creating a closed forum (on Moodle, for example)
– Creating teams of 4 telecollaborators each one pair per country
Reuse groups from task 1
Phase 2 (Research): with the goal of creating a multimedia-based document
– Each pair records the background noise of the chosen establishment. The audio file should last for about 1 minute up to 1 min 30
Each pair should use the background noise they have created in the second phase of ” Task 2: Recording a soundscape” .
– Each pair creates a text of about 100 to 200 words that simultaneously presents the establishment (from which the soundscape emerges) and the taste of the pair concerning places to choose from when going out.
The text includes the following elements: Reasons for the choice of a bar, its specifics, its history (in short)
During this phase teachers help the pairs with linguistic difficulties.
– The pairs are again asked to search for some photos to illustrate their postcards with.
Phase 3 (procuction publication):
– with the help of Audacity the pairs record a soundtrack by laying the read-out text (by both partners) over the soundscape
On the basis of the phases up to now, the pairs practice their oral skills.
– The pairs create a sound postcard on Glogster: the card should contain pictures and a soundtrack. The pairs can also add a title.
Possibly, make the presentation available for all internet users, by choosing this option on Glogster.
– They indicate the link to their production or put their product (directly) into the forum
Phase 4 (exchanges):
The pairs pose questions or make comments on the documents via the comment option in the forum.
Phase 5 (wrap-up in class):
Recollection of task instructions for the production, about the quality of the exchange and the recordings.
Recollection of the whole process, if the latter has been realized entirely.
Document related to the task:
Criteria for Completion:
The telecollaborators were able to create a sound postcard about a bar of their choice. This postcard is made up of pictures, a soundscape and a lengthy oral annotation. In those annotations they have reacted to their partners’ products.
Comments and suggestions:
FORTTice : scénario « Grenoble by night ça vous tente ? », Étape 3 et 4