This task allows the telecollaborative partners to organize a film festival, in a simulated way, putting the two cultures into the limelight.
Institution reporting the task:
Language of task instructions:
References and acknowledgements:
Language(s) that the task can be used in:
Dominant language production:
|Online communication skills|
Specific pedagogical objectives:
Development of students interest in cultural similarities and differences
Suggested Communication Tools:
Examples of different film festivals:
Phase 1(preparation through the instructors):
– Create a closed forum (Moodle type)
– Find a model press dossier of a film festival on web pages of festivals in two countries (Examples under « suggested resources» )
– Form teams with 4 telecollaborative partners
1 pair from each university
Stage 2 (research):
– Ask the teams to organize a film festival about the two cultures running in the two cities of the partners. In form of a synchronous video conference (via Skype), they need to discuss and afterwards define and justify the following elements in different rubrics of the forum:
Date and duration of the upcoming festival / the locations and the fares / the jury / the guest of honor / the prices / the name of the festival / the genre of the film / the presented films
– Present the example of the press dossier to the two pairs.
– Ask the teams to produce a press dossier in the two languages in order to promote their festival.
This dossier needs to incorporate precisely all the elements mentioned in stage 2 / the dossier needs to be illustrated / the dossier needs to have at least 5 pages
– The teams can split up the work and meet in synchronous discussions (chat or videoconferences, Skype) to make this stage more efficient
– The teams publish their press dossier in the forum
Stage 4 (wrap-up in class):
Feedback on the accomplishment of task instructions (content, form, promotional character) and on the knowledge of the cinema in the partners' countries.
Document related to the task:
Criteria for Completion:
The participants could make a press dossier which contained a variety of information concerning cinema in both countries and the organization of the festival. They made comments.
Comments and suggestions:
Le français en Première Ligne (2010-2011) Grenoble-Curitiba, tâche 2 « Organisation d’un festival de cinéma »