This task gives students the opportunity to exchange their experiences and preferences with the cinema of their own and their partners’ country by producing an extract from a movie’ s dialogue from the partners’ country.
Institution reporting the task:
Language of task instructions:
References and acknowledgements:
Language(s) that the task can be used in:
Dominant language production:
Specific pedagogical objectives:
Development of students interest in cultural similarities and differences
Suggested Communication Tools:
|Voice recording tools|
A list of tutorials for Audacity about exporting audio files in an MP3 format:
Step 1 (preparation by the teacher):
- Create a closed forum (type Moodle)
- Form groups of four: one pair of students per country
Step 2 (research):
- Ask the students to develop a questionnaire (Word format) for their partners about the cinema of their country.
- The aim is to retrieve information about different movies (such as the title, names of the main actors etc.). The questions should be based on one of the following elements: a movie poster (without title) / a synopsis / a charade / Information on stage directions / actors / movie extract (title should not appear: teachers should extract the videos and put the links on the board)
- The participants post their questionnaires in the forum
- In the forum they can react to the responses of the questionnaire by commenting
Step 3 (production):
- Ask the students to choose an extract from a movie that they like from the country of the partner. The students have to reproduce the dialogue of this extract by recording it either alone or in a tandem (using software such as Audacity). After that they post the audio extract in the forum.
- The dialogue has to cover at least 40 words per person
- The partners try to recognize the extract posting comments in the forum
Step 4 (wrap-up in class):
Feedback on respecting the task instructions of the production, on the experiences with cinema from the partners’ country.
Document related to the task:
Criteria for Completion:
The participants could extract and reproduce a movie dialogue (minimum of 40 words per person) and exchange information and point of views on the cinema of the partners’ country via comments.
Comments and suggestions:
Le français en Première Ligne (2011-2012) Grenoble-Chypre. Groupe A : Alice Saphengthong, Marianne Legeay (en deux parties « Silence ça tourne ! »)