This task provides telecollaborators with the opportunity to produce a travel brochure for the partner countries.
Institution reporting the task:
Language of task instructions:
References and acknowledgements:
Comparison & analysis
Language(s) that the task can be used in:
Dominant language production:
|Online communication skills|
Specific pedagogical objectives:
|Créer une atmosphère amicale entre les étudiants|
|Développement de la capacité de recherche d’informations en ligne des étudi|
Suggested Communication Tools:
Step 1 (preparation by the teacher):
– Create a travel brochure that can be found on pages for organized journeys.
– Create a closed forum (like the proposed forum in Moodle) with several columns : ” tourism” , ” transport” , ” accommodation” and one column for ” productions” .
– Create pairs with telecollaborators from the same country
Step 2 (finding information):
In class, the telecollaborators study the brochure which was proposed by the teacher and locate the information given in the document as well as the structure of the brochure.
Step 3 (research):
Ask the telecollaborators to find more information in order to plan a journey for five days in the partner country.
– Information: region, dates, accommodation, means of transport, important sight-seeing locations
-The participants (tandems) may seek information and advice from their partners at this stage considering the different columns in the forum.
For example the choice of the region.
Step 4 (production):
– After having watched the tutorial for using Sliderocket (the link is found in « suggested resources» ),the team creates a travel brochure which presents all information gathered in step 3. They can illustrate this document with pictures.
– The teams publish the link to their products in the column « productions» in the forum.
Step 5 (survey):
Organise a survey (by adding an activity « survey» on Moodle) with various criteria in order to select the most advantageous journey.
– The criteria: price, interest, facilities
– The teachers might add additional criteria
The telecollaborators comment on the partners’ products in the forum by giving advice on the presented information and its organisation.
Step 7 (wrap-up in class): Feedback on following task instructions, on the quality of the brochures and the presented information as well as the linguistic quality.
Document related to the task:
Criteria for Completion:
The participants could develop travel brochures on the partner countries which contained selected information on different sites and justify the choice of the information.
Comments and suggestions:
Le français en Première Ligne (2011-2012) Grenoble-Chypre. Groupe B : Astrid Barbarin, Arisete Vera-Cruz, Caroline Blois (Tâche 2 « Voyage, voyage ! »)