This task allows the telecollaborative partners to exchange information about the means of transportation in their cities.
Institution reporting the task:
Language of task instructions:
References and acknowledgements:
Means of transportation
|means of transportation|
Language(s) that the task can be used in:
Dominant language production:
|Online communication skills|
Specific pedagogical objectives:
Development of students interest in cultural similarities and differences
Suggested Communication Tools:
Stage 1(preparation through the instructors):
– create a closed blog (type Moodle or Ning)
– form teams of 4 telecollaborative partners
1 pair of students from each country
Stage 2 (research):
– Ask the pairs to research and list the most useful means of transportation of the partners’ city in terms of contexts and populations.
– The pairs publish a post on the blog summarizing the main means of transportation used in the partners’ city.
– The teams exchange their ideas on these points through comments on the partner' s post.
Stage 3 (exchanges):
-The teams exchange information about their own means of transportation in form of a synchronous discussion (videoconference on Skype or through chat):
The means of transportation in relation to locations/ their durations / why these types of transportation?/ the inconvenient aspects of these means of transportation
Stage 4 (wrap-up in class):
Assess the quality of the exchange, the suggested questions of the instructors and the differences between the means of transportation in each country together with the telecollaborative partners
Document related to the task:
Criteria for Completion:
The telecollaborative partners exchanged a great number of information about the means of transportation in these two cities. The two groups asked questions or reacted through comments.
Comments and suggestions:
Le français en Première Ligne (2008-2009) Lyon-Berkeley. Damien Galeron (tâche 2 « Les moyens de transport »)