Whether you’re looking for bespoke training for your organisation or general training open to anyone… whether you’re looking for onsite or online training… whether you need consulting or training, our team of experts is ready to support your efforts to learn more about and promote virtual exchange.
ANNOUNCING A NEW TRAINING OFFER:
Online, asynchronous course: February 1 to February 28, 2021. Open to all.
Click here for details about the course and information about how to register and pay to join.
Expression of Interest
Training for Organizations
Is your organization . . .
- curious about what it would take to launch a virtual exchange initiative?
- considering including virtual exchange in your internationalization strategy?
- looking for experts who can train your faculty in designing virtual exchange experiences?
- interested in brief webinars to introduce administrators and international education faculty to virtual exchange?
- ready to provide additional professional development to educators already engaged in virtual exchanges with expert training?
- interested in helping the faculty research virtual exchanges?
We offer a variety of training formats to suit your needs
Note: Training for organisations is highly customized to fit each context. The following are meant as examples.
- 90 minute, interactive webinar on a focused topic of your choosing (see list of topics below)
- Online training (asynchronous):
- 4-6 weeks, Moodle LMS
- Includes 3-4 interactive, 90-minute video meetings
- Online training (synchronous)
- 2-4 hours across 2-4 days, depending on the topic and your needs
- Zoom video conferencing
- On-site training at your venue, usually 1-2 days as part of an intensive faculty development program*
- Workshops connected to a conference or seminar (e.g., a pre-conference workshop or a workshop as a conference session)*
- Institutional membership in UNICollaboration is not required, but is strongly advised and appreciated.
- Ideal group size is 15-20. We can accommodate multiple groups from the same organization at the same time or at different times. Additionally, we can accommodate multiple groups who are enrolled in differing versions/training topics. (See training topics below.)
- Ideal lead time to prepare a bespoke training for organizations is three months.
- Our initial consultation (one hour) is offered free of charge.
- The language of instruction is English. We have trainers who can interact (in writing and during video meetings) in Spanish, Polish, Italian, French, and German, but the training materials and the learning interface is in English.
*Our trainers are located all over Europe and in the US. However, we can provide training anywhere around the globe.
Our bespoke training can include any of the following topics:
- What is Virtual Exchange? (interactive, 90-min webinar)
- Introduction to virtual exchange (for faculty, staff, and/administrators)
- Designing and implementing a class-to-class virtual exchange (beginner and advanced)
- Virtual exchange as part of your internationalization strategy
- Choosing technologies and tools to support and foster virtual exchange
- Planning for Success:
- designing and implementing a “pre-departure orientation”
- managing conflict in virtual exchange (between students, between faculty partners)
- Virtual exchange for specific disciplines (e.g., business, media, languages, etc.)
- Intercultural competence development in virtual exchange
- Instructional design in virtual exchange (course-level design and task-level design)
- Developing the intercultural competence of faculty who will teach a course with an embedded virtual exchange
- Criticality in virtual exchange (power dynamics, critical digital literacy, etc.)
- Assessing the impact of your virtual exchanges
- Researching virtual exchanges
Training for Individuals
As an individual, are you . . .
- looking for an introduction to virtual exchange? ready for advanced training?
- looking for a partner for your virtual exchange? (We have a Partner Finding Tool!)
- ready to take a short course on developing your own virtual exchange?
Upcoming training sessions and events
- University of California Polytechnic-San Luis Obispo | January 2021 (Private Event)
- University of Florida | Jan-Feb 2021 (Private Event)
- Introduction to Virtual Exchange (Open to all)
- Mott Community College, Flint, MI | Feb-March 2021 (Private Event)
Previous training sessions and events
- Aix-Marseille Université (CIVIS European University) | November 2020 (Private Event)
- Paedagogische Hochschule Freiburg (Oct-Dec 2020) (Private Event)
- University System of Spain (October-November 2020) (Private Event)
- Trier University of Applied Sciences (July & September 2020) (Private Event)
- University of Florida: Faculty Development for Virtual Exchange (Mar-Apr 2019)
- Third Telecollaboration Conference, Krakow, April 2018
- ICCAGE Conference, Prague, June 2017
- IALIC Conference, Barcelona, November 2016
Sample consulting topics
- 1:1 support for your faculty/instructors/tutors who are developing a Virtual Exchange project.
- Assessing your institution’s readiness for virtual exchange
- Engaging with your institutional leaders in strategic planning around virtual exchange
- Intensive orientation to VE with institutional leaders and stakeholders
- Preparing materials for your Internationalization at Home strategic plan to include virtual exchange
- Assistance with grant-writing for projects related to virtual exchange
Please contact us so we can discuss whether your needs are a match for our expertise. Our consulting services are available at both hourly and daily rates.
The fine print
Although we are a not-for-profit organisation, our training services are fee based. The monies collected from the training provide one source of income that helps to sustain the organisation and pay for the technical infrastructure (e.g., LMS, video conferencing, web site, etc.) necessary to provide the training. Please contact us (see below) for pricing information. That said, our initial consultation (one hour) is offered at no charge. During this meeting, we will engage in mutual discovery to discern if there is a match between your organizational needs and our expertise and whether your timeline matches our capacity/availability.
We are happy to put you in touch with leaders of organizations with whom we have worked so that you can hear directly from them about their satisfaction with our services.
The UNICollaboration Training Officers are:
- Malgorzata (Gosia) Kurek, First training officer, Jan Dlugosz University, Poland
- Carine Ullom, Second training officer, Ottawa University, USA
Contact us to discuss how we can support you and your organisation in implementing and sustaining virtual exchange: email@example.com
We look forward to collaborating with you to create
meaningful, well-designed, and lasting virtual exchange projects!