UNICollaboration offers customised training for institutions, organisations and individuals. Please read the information below to better understand what we can offer and contact us at training[at]unicollaboration.org if you need further information.
Training for Organisations
Is your organisation . . .
- curious about what it would take to launch a virtual exchange initiative?
- considering including virtual exchange in your internationalisation strategy?
- looking for experts who can train your staff in designing virtual exchange experiences?
- interested in brief webinars to introduce administrators and international education faculty to virtual exchange?
- ready to provide additional professional development to educators already engaged in virtual exchanges with expert training?
- interested in helping the staff research virtual exchange?
We offer a variety of training formats to suit your needs
- 90-minute interactive webinar on a focused topic of your choosing (see list of topics below)
- 3-hour workshop on a focused topic of your choosing
- 3-6 weeks asynchronous online training
- 2-4 hours across 2-4 days synchronous online training
- On-site training at your venue, usually 1-2 days as part of an intensive staff development program
- Workshops connected to a conference or seminar (e.g., a pre-conference workshop or a workshop as a conference session)
- The language of instruction is English. For options in other languages, please contact us.
- Participation in our activities and training programmes is recognised through the issue of digital badges.
Our bespoke training can include any of the following topics:
- Introduction to Virtual Exchange (an in-depth overview for HE administrative staff, instructional designers, and teaching staff )
- Designing and implementing a class-to-class Virtual Exchange (for teaching staff and instructional designers)
- Choosing technologies and tools to support and foster Virtual Exchange
- Virtual Exchange as part of your internationalisation strategy
- Planning for Success: designing and implementing a VE to prepare for physical mobility
- Virtual Exchange for specific disciplines (e.g., business, media, languages, etc.)
- Intercultural competence development in Virtual Exchange
- Instructional design for Virtual Exchange (course-level design and task-level design)
- Criticality in Virtual Exchange (power dynamics, critical digital literacy, etc.)
- Assessing the impact of your Virtual Exchanges
- Researching Virtual Exchange
We offer 1:1 support for instructors/tutors as well as administrative and technical support staff who are developing a Virtual Exchange project.
Sample consulting topics
- Assessing your institution’s readiness for Virtual Exchange
- Engaging with your institutional leaders in strategic planning around Virtual Exchange
- Intensive orientation to VE with institutional leaders and stakeholders
- Preparing materials for your Internationalisation at Home strategic plan to include Virtual Exchange
- Assistance with grant-writing for projects related to Virtual Exchange
The current UNICollaboration Training Officer is:
- Malgorzata (Gosia) Kurek, Jan Dlugosz University, Poland
- Ana Beaven, Univeristy of Bologna, Italy
- Sarah Guth, University of Padova, Italy
- Mirjam Hauck, The Open University, UK
- Sara Pittarello, UNICollaboration
- Lorenza Bacino, UNICollaboration
- Rita Koris, Pazmany Peter Catholic University, Hungary
Occasional guest speakers:
- Teresa MacKinnon
- Francesca Helm
Contact & Requests
If you’re interested in knowing more about our training offerings in general please contact us at training[at]unicollaboration.org
We look forward to collaborating with you to create
meaningful, well-designed, and lasting virtual exchange projects!