Customised Virtual Exchange Training
UNICollaboration offers customised training in Virtual Exchange and Internationalisation at Home for institutions, organisations and individuals. See below for our training options and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Virtual Exchange Training for Higher Education Institutions
Benefits of a Virtual Exchange strategy within your organisation :
If your organisation is considering an internationalisation at home strategy, our experts and experienced trainers can guide you. During the sessions, we will demonstrate how incorporating a virtual exchange element into your courses can broaden horizons, thus allowing more students than ever to benefit from participating in international cultural exchanges. Our trainings are suitable for academic, technical and administrative staff.
We offer a variety of training formats to suit your needs:
90-minute interactive webinar: What is Virtual Exchange ?
ALL staff can benefit from this webinar which includes: a definition of virtual exchange, what it is and what it isn’t, plus an overview of types and models of virtual exchange. We also share examples and testimonials of past virtual exchange international projects for you to analyse and discuss.
3-hour workshop: Internationalisation at home through Virtual Exchange
Internationalisation at home (IaH) is now a strategic priority for most Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and virtual exchange is recognised as one way of contributing to this. So this is the workshop that will help you understand how VE as a model can be successfully integrated into strategies. And, you’ll be invited to discuss how this might work in your own institutions.
Online Training: Introduction to Virtual Exchange
This Training covers all the topics and issues required to set up and implement a class-to-class virtual exchange, whilst also looking at other ready-made options of VE. We invite all teaching, administrative and technical staff to attend the training and we offer it in a variety of formats to suit your needs:
- 3-6 weeks asynchronous online training
- 2-4 hours across 2-4 days synchronous online training
Online Training: Collaborative Class-to-Class VE Design
This Training offers educators interested in developing their own VE, an experiential learning experience that takes them through the steps required to design and implement a successful class-to-class virtual exchange. 20 hours online synchronous video communication that can be divided into different time slots depending on the institutions’ need
400 Euros per participant for up to 12, preferably 6 partners working together on a VE project. 120 Euros for each additional participant (from 13-20). For higher numbers, the price will be adjusted accordingly
Online Training: Developing an Internationalisation at Home Strategy through VE
This training is aimed at university staff who wish to better understand how virtual exchange can be used to promote internationalisation at home strategies
We also offer the following:
- On-site training at your venue, usually 1-2 days as part of an intensive staff development program
- Workshops connected to a conference or seminar (e.g., a pre-conference workshop or a workshop as a conference session)
Our bespoke training can include any of the following topics:
- Introduction to Virtual Exchange (an in-depth overview for HE administrative staff, instructional designers, and teaching staff )
- Designing and implementing a class-to-class Virtual Exchange (for teaching staff and instructional designers)
- Choosing technologies and tools to support and foster Virtual Exchange
- Virtual Exchange as part of your internationalisation strategy
- Planning for Success: designing and implementing a VE to prepare for physical mobility
- Virtual Exchange for specific disciplines (e.g., business, media, languages, etc.)
- Intercultural competence development in Virtual Exchange
- Instructional design for Virtual Exchange (course-level design and task-level design)
- Criticality in Virtual Exchange (power dynamics, critical digital literacy, etc.)
- Assessing the impact of your Virtual Exchanges
- Researching Virtual Exchange
We offer 1:1 support for instructors/tutors as well as administrative and technical support staff who are developing a Virtual Exchange project.
Sample consulting topics
- Assessing your institution’s readiness for Virtual Exchange
- Engaging with your institutional leaders in strategic planning around Virtual Exchange
- Intensive orientation to VE with institutional leaders and stakeholders
- Preparing materials for your Internationalisation at Home strategic plan to include Virtual Exchange
- Assistance with grant-writing for projects related to Virtual Exchange
The current UNICollaboration Training Officers are:
- Sarah Guth, University of Padova, Italy
- Malgorzata (Gosia) Kurek, Jan Dlugosz University, Poland
- Ana Beaven, University of Bologna, Italy
- Sarah Guth, University of Padova, Italy
- Mirjam Hauck, The Open University, UK
- Sara Pittarello, UNICollaboration
- Lorenza Bacino, UNICollaboration
- Rita Koris, Budapest Business University, Hungary
Occasional guest speakers:
- Teresa MacKinnon, University of Warwick
- Francesca Helm, University of Padova
Contact & Requests
If you’re interested in finding out more about our training offerings in general please contact us at email@example.com
We look forward to collaborating with you to create
meaningful, well-designed, and lasting virtual exchange projects!
The language of instruction is English. For options in other languages, please contact us.
Participation in our activities and training programmes is recognised through the issue of digital badges.