The research activities of UNIcollaboration consist of organizing and promoting events and activities dedicated to:
- sharing research-related information and expertise
- strengthening research into online intercultural exchange
- supporting researchers entering the field
Our research events are likely to include some or all of the following:
- an online reading group for critiquing and learning from published work
- an online writing circle for doctoral researchers into online intercultural exchange or preparing for publication
- webinars for presenting new research, or work-in-progress and exploring promising methodologies (e.g. online ethnography, data analytics, the use of annotation tools, multimodal corpus analysis)
- a summer school in research methods for the study of online intercultural exchange
- a workshop in writing funding bids for collaborative research
Above all the programme will be determined by UNIcollaboration members, whose input and feedback will enable us to evaluate activities we have organized and plan for the future. Your views and suggestions are always welcome.
The UNICollaboration research officers are:
- Elke Nissen, First research officer, Université Grenoble Alpes, France
- Francesca Helm, Second research officer, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy
More info: email@example.com
The second Unicollaboration Research Seminar will be held in Aix en Provence (France) the 4th and 5th October. This year, the three main research methods that will be addressed will be:
- conversation analysis (Anthony Liddicoat, University of Warwick),
- design-based research (Gilles Aldon, ENS Lyon) and
- multimodal studies (Jeff Bezemer, University College London).
Participants will receive an introduction on the basics of each method and then will be guided through hands-on sessions to operationalise the concepts nd tools of these approaches. Participants will also be offered an introduction to two freely available annotation tools: SPPAS (http://www.sppas.org/) and ELAN (https://tla.mpi.nl/tools/tla-
Click HERE to download the programme.
Fees & Payment:
UNICollaboration members: 30 EUR
Non-members: 80 EUR
UNICollaboration Research Methods Workshop in Valencia (Spain): October 6-7th, 2017
This workshop was intended for telecollaboration practitioners who plan to investigate the online exchanges they have organized and for postgraduate and postdoctoral researchers seeking to enter the field.
It took place at Universitat de València & Universitat Politècnica de València – Spain.
More details can be found in the flyer below or on the workshop webpage by the University of Valencia.