The research activities of UNIcollaboration consist of organizing and promoting events and activities dedicated to:
- sharing research-related information and expertise
- strengthening research into online intercultural exchange
- supporting researchers entering the field
Our research events are likely to include some or all of the following:
- an online reading group for critiquing and learning from published work
- an online writing circle for doctoral researchers into online intercultural exchange or preparing for publication
- webinars for presenting new research, or work-in-progress and exploring promising methodologies (e.g. online ethnography, data analytics, the use of annotation tools, multimodal corpus analysis)
- a summer school in research methods for the study of online intercultural exchange
- a workshop in writing funding bids for collaborative research
Above all the programme will be determined by UNIcollaboration members, whose input and feedback will enable us to evaluate activities we have organized and plan for the future. Your views and suggestions are always welcome.
The UNICollaboration research officers are:
- Tim Lewis, First research officer, Open University UK
- Elke Nissen, Second research officer, Université Grenoble Alpes, France
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
UNICollaboration Research Methods Workshop in Valencia (Spain): October 6-7th, 2017
This workshop was intended for telecollaboration practitioners who plan to investigate the online exchanges they have organized and for postgraduate and postdoctoral researchers seeking to enter the field.
It took place at Universitat de València & Universitat Politècnica de València – Spain.
More details can be found in the flyer below or on the workshop webpage by the University of Valencia.