Together with Soliya, Sharing Perspectives Foundation, Anna Lindh Foundation and UNIMED, UNICollaboration has won a contract to set up and implement virtual exchanges linking countries’ young people (aged 18 to 30 years), youth workers, youth organisations, students and academics from European and Southern Mediterranean using online learning activities and technology-enabled solutions in order to strengthen people to people contacts and intercultural dialogue.
The specific objectives of the contract are the following:
- encouraging intercultural dialogue and increasing tolerance through online people-to-people interactions, building on digital, youth-friendly technologies;
- promoting various types of virtual exchanges as a complement to Erasmus+ physical mobility, allowing more young people to benefit from intercultural and international experience;
enhancing critical thinking and media literacy, particularly in the use of the Internet and social media, to develop resistance to discrimination and indoctrination;
- fostering the soft skills development of students, young people and youth workers, including the practice of foreign languages and teamwork, notably to enhance employability;
- supporting the objectives of the 2016 Paris declaration to promote citizenship and the common values of freedom, tolerance and non-discrimination through education;
- strengthening the youth dimension of the EU neighbouring policy with South Mediterranean countries.
Join us in promoting this exciting new initiative! You can find out more on our project page.